Meet Your Mentor Coach
Deborah Brown-Volkman, PCC
Career Coaching Mentor
October 5 @ 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
All sessions are recorded and class notes are provided in the event you cannot attend live.
Seven 90-Minute Sessions for Just $1199
Individuals will always need a career coach whether they’re looking for a new job, are transitioning to a new career, or are seeking tools to deal with challenging situations in the workplace.
No matter the state of the economy, or where you find yourself in the world, the demand for career coaches is always in excess of the supply. And, if career coaching is your love and passion, then why not learn as much as you can about how to be successful and proficient in this exciting and rewarding profession.
PUT CAREER COACHING INTO PRACTICE
Enroll in The Career Coaching Mastery Certification Program Today!
- Make money doing what you love for a living.
- Be your own, passionate person
- Take back the power in your career and the direction it is headed
- Earn significant income helping others making career transitions
The Career Coaching Mastery Certification* Program walks you through the process, step-by-step, of how to coach clients to a successful, sustainable, and satisfying career in just 7 weeks. All classes are 90 minutes long and include recordings, detailed class notes, worksheets, web sites, book suggestions, and articles. You will learn the specific How-To’s in detail, and will walk away with a career coaching program, that you can charge for and use to coach your clients.
Many times during career transitions, clients are overwhelmed and unable to solve their problems on their own. They need an outside party to give them perspective, accountability, a plan, and the ability to take that plan and break it into bite sized manageable pieces. Plus, they need someone who can help them keep going when they lose momentum or want to stop. They may also need specialized knowledge about how the job market works, how to assess their own strengths and challenges as they relate to their career, and how to point themselves in a career direction that provides the best payoff in regards to both money and fulfillment.
That’s where you come in, the career coach, to the rescue. What stops many coaches from entering this profession, or those who want to add career coaching as a specialty, is they do not know how to go about it or what methods or processes to use to coach their clients successfully. The whole process seems daunting and overwhelming and they do not where to begin.
This program provides you the career transition tools to succeed as a career coach and to watch your coaching practice flourish.
*Students who have previously completed an ICF Approved coach training program are eligible to receive the designation of Certified Career Transitions Coach. In addition, all students, not just those who have completed an ICF Approved coaching program, will earn 10.5 ICF Approved Continuing Coach Education Units in the category of Core Competencies.
- Lesson 1: Your Vision as a Career Coach
- Lesson 2: Client Self-Discovery
- Lesson 3: Research and Exploration
- Lesson 4: Planning and Goal Setting
- Lesson 5: Implementation
- Lesson 6: Goal Achievement and Maintenance
- Lesson 7: Role-Playing, Practice, and Your Unanswered Questions Answered
- Many visions fail. Don’t let yours and learn how to create a vision for yourself and for others that doesn’t just feel expansive and energetic in the moment, but lasts a lifetime. You will gain an understanding of the importance of a vision and how it keeps you (and your clients) motivated and inspired.
- Learn why vision matters and how it guides the rest of the coaching process.
- Discover the nuts and bolts of a successful vision.
- Understand why some visions work and others do not.
- Find out how to get and refine your own vision and how to help others experience theirs.
- Help clients understand themselves better. We will talk about assessments, and how to help clients identify their strengths, weaknesses, talents, transferable skills, mission, and purpose. You will gain understanding of how to help your clients figure out what their passions are and what they want to do with the rest of their lives.
- Recognize what (really) are strengths, talents, and skills and the role and value of each concept in career coaching.
- Determine the leading methods for career assessment and how to use them.
- Become aware of your own strengths, talents, skills, and how to help your clients find and understand theirs.
- Explore the research phase. Research is important. Clients need to do legwork first before they can make a decision about their next career move. Some clients are good at research, and others will not know what to do or where to go. You will gain understanding of how to help clients cut down on the time it takes to do research as well as where to direct clients to the best places to find information.
- Identify what is involved in research and exploration, why is it important, and how can it be used to help your clients get what they want in their career.
- Learn how to research and explore effectively.
Lesson 4: Planning and Goal Setting
- Identify the components of creating a winning career plan. You will gain understanding of the planning process as well as how to help your clients create a plan that is effective.
- Discover the planning process, why is it important, and how can it be used to help your clients get what they want in their career.
- Master the three primary pieces of planning which are:
- What does a client want?
- When will your client get what they want?
- How will your client get there?
- Set goals, realize their importance, and how to and achieve them.
Lesson 5: Implementation
- Pinpoint how to keep clients on track once they have created their plan. When clients come to you, they have a problem and need to get it solved. Their main challenge initially is they don’t always have room in their lives for their goal. You will gain understanding of how to help your clients implement their goals, how to make room for their goals, as well as how to stay on track and focused.
- Learn what implementation is, why it is important, and how it can be used to help clients get what they want in their career.
- Consider time management, prioritizing, getting organized, and using a calendar for goal achievement.
Lesson 6: Goal Achievement and Maintenance
- Determine the next steps after clients have reached their goals. Many clients believe that the coaching process is over once the goal is over. This is not true. Once clients get out of reactive/problem-solving mode, they can take on additional goals. They can go into pro-active mode and live their dreams. You will gain understanding of why the coaching process continues and how to help your clients persevere and not fall into old habits and routines.
- Understand goal achievement and maintenance, why they are important, and how they can be used to help clients stay on track after they have reached their goals.
- Explore how to help your clients keep making progress while creating the next steps after they achieved their goals.
- Inspire your clients to take on new challenges and look into the future with excitement, enthusiasm, and a plan.
Lesson 7: Role-Playing, Practice, and Your Unanswered Questions Answered
- Practice what you have learned over the past six weeks. You will gain understanding of how to coach your career transition clients as well as learn additional coaching skills through both class participation and listening to others.This will also be an opportunity to ask questions or get coaching in any area you are stuck or foresee yourself getting stuck in the future. You will gain confidence that you can coach your career transition clients well and will be ready to go.
- Know how to coach your clients. Real life examples and situations will be used.
- Review material led over the course and answer questions that have not been answered yet.
- Gain clarity regarding what you have learned in the course.
- Adopt best practices on implementing the material you have learned with your clients.
I wanted you to know that your class has been very helpful to me and I am learning a lot! Please know that your efforts with the class are having quite a significant impact on my life and that you are very generous to have shared all of this information with me. Thank you.
I love the classes. I’ve received so much helpful information. Thank you!
I looked forward to every class and really enjoyed them.
I really enjoyed your classes and I could not have signed up at a better time. I really feel like I have a handle on some resources and tools that will help me in my career coaching practice.
Career Coaching Mastery Certification Program is approved by the International Coach Federation (ICF) as 4 Continuing Coach Education Units in the category of Resource Development.
The International Coach Federation and Coach Training Alliance adhere to a form of coaching that honors the client as the expert in his/her life and work, and believes that every client is creative, resourceful, and whole
Standing on this foundation, the coach’s responsibility is to:
- Discover, clarify, and align with what the client wants to achieve
- Encourage client self-discovery
- Elicit client-generated solutions and strategies
- Hold the client responsible and accountable
Requests must be made in writing, postmarked and mailed to:
Coach Training Alliance
217 West Olive St.
Ft. Collins, CO 80521